Friday 30 April 2010

LOOTCH

Type: Bar/Club
Address: Bolshaya Pirogovskaya ul., 28
Phone: 287-0022
Web: www.luchbar.ru

Sportivnaya

Price: 2000 rub p/p


Shit-o-meter: -0.5 stars
 

To set the record straight, I hate “pafos”, “glamur” and loud house music. So why the hell did I give this place 0.5 stars?

To give you a background, Lootch is a new bar, which has opened up in the business centre “Lootch”, which is basically a reconstruction of a pre-revolutionary light bulb factory (hence Lootch). It positions itself as a suave cocktail bar for professionals and business-people.

The interior design is quite luxurious—from statues, to artwork, right down to the big, comfortable armchairs you sit in. The ceiling in the main area is about 15 meters high, plus, there’s a mezzanine floor, so plenty of room.

The thing that sets this place apart is the quality. Therefore, when you pay a ludicrous 400 rubles for a simple cocktail, you don’t feel like you’re getting screwed! In fact, I was so content here to spend my hard earned money, that I even managed to get drunk! That’s an expensive feat here!

Coupled with this is the atmosphere. The huge long bar, the loft-style interior… One time I sat upstairs with my girlfriend. I had the most comfortable armchair I even sat on in any restaurant in the world. Though the music is a bit loud, I still managed to have a fairly detailed conversation with my girlfriend, and could hear most of what she was saying… After 3am (at least I think it was 3am), they start playing jazz. This earned Lootch an automatic extra star.(Right: Mine is the chair on the left. Do not take it on a Saturday night or I'll throw you off the balcony)

The service isn’t too bad either. Can be a little slow with the drinks, but when you’ve got so many people, all ordering cocktails, it can be understood.

No face control

They don’t ask for “depoziti” when you order a table!

The interesting thing is, that when I’m at Lootch, I don’t feel like I’m in Russia. There’s a distinct Western feel about it. I’m not saying I don’t like being in Russia, but when you’re spending this much money, you do expect something world class!

Probably not worth eating here though. Unless you really like “fusion”. Personally, I prefer "food".

(The Moscow Sushi Cocktail - popular among Russian girls... Thankfully NOT on the menu at Lootch)

3 comments:

  1. Come on man, we need more reviews! Don't abandon this blog, your reviews are really a lot of fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more. Hate 'Lootch' with a passion. It is a total mystery to me why anyone ever goes there (maybe they're ALL like me and have been dragged kicking and screaming into the place by 'Lootch' lovers who beg me to 'give it one more try)'.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. Haven't been there in a long time. May need another analysis to set the record straight.

    ReplyDelete